Sunday, November 4, 2007

JUST A BREATH AWAY

I've often wondered
What I did without you in my life
For though I thought things
Couldn't get any better
And I needed nothing else
To make my life complete,
Little did I know what
A life-changing event you would herald.

I never knew you were always
Just a breath away
And one morning you took in
Your first gulp of air,
Let out a cry that rocked the world
And I looked into the face of my son.

What a joy you have been,
Every single year has brought its own marvels to me
As I've watched you grow, mature and eventually
Move out into the world to make your own way.
How thankful I am that you are in my life
And today I want you to know that with all my heart
I love you
For you are still just a breath away.


(c) Joyce A. Norman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your wonderful son. From past events I know what an unselfish and loving manchild he is. It's beautiful, dear friend. Thank you for sharing it with me.